- Denmark donates EUR 40.000 to the rescue mission after the mudslide in Colombia
With an emergency donation of EUR 40.000 (DKK 300.000) in humanitarian funds, Denmark is now contributing to the rescue work in response to the mudslide last weekend in Colombia. Denmark’s contribution is expected to go to immediate emergency assistance, such as clean water, food, clothing, and medicine to the families affected.
- Government allocates EUR 6.7 million to the stabilisation efforts in Syria for 2017
Anders Samuelsen, the Minister for Foreign Affairs, is emphasising Denmark’s broad commitment in Syria, in announcing a resource allocation of EUR 6.7 million (DKK 50 million) to the Danish stabilisation efforts in 2017. Among other purposes, the contribution will go to the support of the Free Syrian Police, Syrian civil defence and the UN-led peace negotiations.
- Denmark launches Global Goals action plan
On Friday the Danish government is launching a national action plan relating to the UN’s 17 Global Goals for eradicating poverty and creating sustainable development worldwide.
- Denmark hosts meeting of the international coalition against ISIL
Over 120 experts in anti-laundering and counter-terrorism will be assembled from 29th to 30th of March in Copenhagen as part of the financial working group of the coalition, the Counter ISIL Finance Group (CIFG).
- Invest in Denmark positive about developments in 2016
- DKK 300 million to combat the acute hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa
The Danish Minister for Development Cooperation, Ulla Tørnæs, is increasing Denmark’s humanitarian efforts in combating the acute hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa and Yemen.
- Denmark to give DKK 7 million towards prosecuting war crimes in Syria
The Danish government has opted to donate DKK 7.65 million towards a new UN initiative, the purpose of which is to secure prosecutions for the brutal human rights abuses, war crimes and crimes against humanity that take place daily in Syria.
- Singularity University establishes new organisation in Denmark
The acknowledged think tank and educational institution Singularity University from Silicon Valley has chosen Denmark as location for its next collaborative venture. The new organisation, operating under the name SingularityU Denmark, will be located in a 5000m2 innovative environment in Copenhagen Science City and is expected to boost digitisation, innovation and entrepreneurship in Denmark.
- Denmark donates DKK 20 million to child victims of Boko Haram
The Danish government is donating DKK 20 million towards Unicef’s efforts to help children and former child soldiers who have fled the terrorist movement Boko Haram in Nigeria and neighbouring countries.
- Denmark celebrates the 180 year anniversary of diplomatic relations to the Kingdom of Belgium