On this page you will find information on how to apply for a business visa and what the documentation requirements are. Please be sure to read the entire section before contacting us with questions.
How to book an appointment
All visa appointments must be booked by sending an e-mail to the Visa Department on. At times, it can take up to 15 days to get an appointment and up to 15 days to get a visa decision. We therefore advise you to book an appointment no later than 30 days before your travel date.
How to apply
Application for a Schengen visa for Denmark, Iceland, Norway and Sweden must be made online through Visaselfservice. Upon registration and payment of visa fee you will be prompted to print a cover letter from the visa selfservice webpage. You must apply in person and you must bring this signed cover letter and required documentation to the Danish Embassy.
If you use Google Chrome as your browser, you may encounter problems with the Visaselfservice. Please insert an 's' in the URL, so the URL reads 'https://' instead of 'http://'.
When applying for a business visa, you must submit all of the following documents:
- Signed cover letter you receive when you complete your visa-application online through Visaselfservice.
- Passport/travel document, which must exceed your stay in the Schengen-area by at least 3 months. Passport/travel document must be issued within the last 10 years and must have at least two blank pages.
- Irish multi-entry permit and GNIB card, which must exceed your stay in the Schengen-area by at least 3 months. No exceptions will be made.
- Two accurate passport photos of the applicant. The photo must be 35mm x 45mm (size of head between 30-36 mm from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head). The person must be facing the camera directly. Click here for further information.
- An original invitation form (VU1) completed and signed by your business contact/seminar/workshop in the country you are visiting indicating purpose and duration of visit click here.
- Letter from your employer in Ireland confirming your employment status and your valid work permit. If you are a postgraduate student you must bring letter from your university confirming your status.
- Original bank statements with name and address for the last three months (in your own name).
Booking of accommodation.
- An airline booking/travel itinerary. Return ticket must be shown only when visa has been approved.
- A valid, personal travel medical-insurance which covers costs for:
i) emergency treatment by a doctor
ii) urgent ambulance transportation
iii) transportation back to applicant's home country if required for medical reasons.
iiii) The insurance must cover at least € 30,000 and be valid in all Schengen states and cover the total length of stay.
iiiii) € 60,00 fee for adults and children over the age of 11. No cards accepted.
iiiiii) € 35,00 fee for children between the age of 6 and 11.
- No fee for children under the age of 6.
Please note that all documents are required at the same time, or your application will not be accepted.